Auckland is currently at Alert level 3, we want to reassure our stakeholders, suppliers and community that our commitment to service continuity and business as usual is a priority. We are doing all we can to keep our kaimahi/employees safe and healthy during this time as well as play our role in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and supporting our whanau in the community.
We are working together as a team to uphold Kaitiakitanga throughout our response efforts through our active practice of responsibility and care, ensures welfare, health and security for all. This includes following the advice of the New Zealand Government and World Health Organisation and their recommendations for minimising the spread of this virus.
Over the past few days, we have taken a range of precautionary measures including:
• Educating our Kaimahi/employees, whanau, and whaiora about Coronavirus COVID-19.
• Educating our Kaimahi/employees, whanau, and whaiora on correct hygiene etiquette.
• Providing our frontline kaimahi/employees with appropriate PPE to protect themselves whilst working in the community as deemed necessary as an essential worker.
• Commencing increased cleaning and sanitisation of our common work areas in our office, whare and vehicles.
• Preparing our teams to respond quickly to any potential or confirmed cases linked with any kaimahi/Whanau Whaiora.
• Asking any team members displaying covid-like symptoms to stay home and to work from home.
• Providing our whare in the community with cleaning kits (antiseptic wipes, gloves and paper towels, etc) and training in the use of those kits.
• Daily management hui/meetings to review and plan responsive actions for Mahitahi kaimahi/employees and whanau whaiora.
Our office is closed but we have a small team working from the office to maintain key operational tasks and our community teams continue to work within the safety guidelines. We encourage anyone engaging with our kaimahi to;
We appreciate your tautoko/support as a valued stakeholder.
For more information about our services and how we are operating, feel free to contact us on (09) 262-4533 or liaise with your usual Manager/Team leader.
Phone: (09) 262 4533
Fax: (09) 262 5069
Address: 15a Ronwood Ave, Manukau, Auckland 2104
PO Box: PO Box 97537, Manukau, Auckland 2241
Mahitahi Trust aims to improve the mental health and well-being of the community, keeping the home fires burning, nurturing and developing mana through shared journeys, while acknowledging the beginning and end of all things and the intimate connections to environments.
© 2021 Mahitahi Trust
Counties-Manukau CATT Crises Team - (09) 261-3700
ADHB Crises Team - 0800 800 717
Health Line - 0800 611 116
1737, Need to talk? - Free call or text 1737 to talk to a trained counsellor
Anxiety New Zealand - 0800 ANXIETY (0800 269 4389)
Depression.org.nz - 0800 111 757 or text 4202
Kidsline - 0800 54 37 54 for people up to 18 years old. Open 24/7.
Lifeline - 0800 543 354
Rural Support Trust - 0800 787 254
Suicide Crisis Helpline - 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)
Supporting Families with Mental Illness - 0800 732 825
thelowdown.co.nz - Web chat, email chat or free text 5626
What's Up - 0800 942 8787 (for 5 - 18 year olds). Phone counselling available Monday - Friday, noon - 11pm and weekends, 3pm - 11pm. Online chat is available 7pm - 10pm daily.
Youthline - 0800 376 633, free text 234, email email@example.com or chat to someone online.